Monday, January 15, 2018
10:00 am to 12:00 noon
What is GIVE Day? GIVE Day is a PTA-sponsor initiative to get our PK-5 th graders involved in community service. The event is planned and lead by our 5th grade GIVE Day Ambassadors. The Ambassadors have decided to focus on hunger and disaster relief charities for this year’s GIVE Day.
What are we doing? On GIVE Day, we will be making weekend ‘Power Packs’ for children in our immediate region. These food packets will be distributed by Food for Others, which is a food rescue non-profit organization based in Merrifield, VA. Our food packs will be designated for Timber Lane Elementary School. We will also be making hurricane relief care packages for students from Houston and Puerto Rico. Tinsley Elementary in Houston, TX is in need of school supplies and Riverdale Elementary in Orlando, FL, who took in 32 students from Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria, is in need of clothing.
- What can you do to help? There are many ways to help…
• Donate items: We will be collecting food, school supplies and clothing at all our schools. See chart below. Bring those items in now until Jan 12!
• Donate $$ or become an individual or corporate sponsor: This will allow us to purchase food and supplies in bulk to supplement what is collected during the supply drive. All donations are tax-deductible. For a monetary donation, please visit our website at fcepta.org/give-day. You can sponsor a child in each location!
• Spread the word: Talk to your kids about community service, reach out to community leaders and businesses to see if they can help.
• Help on GIVE Day: Show up to help assemble food packets, make hurricane relief care packages, buy home- made baked goods at the Bake Sale and transport goods to the Food for Others Warehouse. We need lots of helpers.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!