- Monday, May 29
- Wednesday, May 31
- Friday, June 2
- Tuesday, June 6
- Wednesday, June 7
meridian high school
Sat., April 22, 2023
4:30 p.m. – Pregame Activities
- Raffle Baskets
- Spirit Gear
5:30 p.m. – Stadium Opens
6:00 p.m. – Games Begin
Due to inclement weather, the HTG Games will be held in the Meridian High School Main Gym.
Will the Hippos and Giraffes go for a 3-peat? Or will the Tigers claim the Golden Pencil this year? Come see it all unfold live at Meridian High School.
What are the HTG Games?
The Hippo Tiger Giraffe (HTG) Games are an annual City of Falls Church school-spirit event that draws over 1500 students, families, teachers, and staff. The staff from Oak Street Elementary competes against the staff from Mount Daniel and Jessie Thackrey in Olympics-style competitions with the winner receiving the ultimate prize – the Golden Pencil.
HTG is one of the PTA’s biggest fundraisers and provides other attractions in addition to the Games. Support your team with spirit gear and enjoy the game with pizza, baked goodies, and other snacks from our concession stands. You also can enter to win a classroom raffle basket before the event.
Check out these student demonstrations!
Balloon Launch Teacher Ring Toss
Tickets are NOT sold out, but can only be purchased at the door beginning at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, 4/22/2023.
- All fans will need a ticket to enter the stadium. Pre-purchased tickets are $10 each but must be ordered by April 20, 2023. Order tickets.
- Tickets ordered after April 20 or at the door are $15 each.
- Tickets will be available at will call on April 22 in the Meridian High School auxiliary gym.
- Each paired classroom has created an awesome themed raffle basket that our students will want. Prior to the games, students will be able to place their raffle tickets into a fishbowl during the pre-event from 4:30 – 5:45 p.m. in the Meridian High School auxiliary gym.
- The money raised from these ever-popular baskets helps the FCEPTA fund teacher grants and school-related activities. The raffle baskets winners will be announced between games. The raffle winner does not have to be present to win their prize.
- Choose from 25 different prize baskets! Enter in as many as you like, as often as you want!
- Raffle ticket pricing:
1-3 ticket(s) = $3/ticket; 4-7 tickets = $2.50/ticket; 10+ tickets = $2/ticket
- Buy your raffle tickets!
Spirit Gear is NOT sold out, but can only be purchased at the HTG Games beginning at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, 4/22/2023.
- Show your school pride with spirit gear! Order your student an HTG Games 2023 t-shirt or other apparel so they can sport it during Spirit Week which begins on April 17, 2023. All non-apparel spirit gear will be available at will call on April 22 in the Meridian High School gym.
- Place your order by March 26, 2023, to guarantee you will receive the HTG Games shirt.
Get involved with the GAMES
HTG is a huge event and it needs volunteers to make it happen. Consider volunteering for a shift before or during the games. Can't make it? You can also support the event with baked goods. See links of opportunities below.
HTG Games sponsors
Our sponsors help make the HTG Games a success! Support the local businesses that support our students and us. Select the sponsor logo for more information.