- Monday, May 29
- Wednesday, May 31
- Friday, June 2
- Tuesday, June 6
- Wednesday, June 7
There are several ways you can be involved with your child's elementary school experience. Depending on your time and desire there are certain to be roles that can fit into your schedule.
Lead / Join a Committee
There are several committees where you and other parents can lead a big event like the HTG Games or a smaller activity like principal coffees.
Become a room parent
Each classroom needs a couple room parents to act as a liaison between the teacher and other parents. You can assist the teacher to plan class parties, manage class funds and other in-class activities that involve volunteers.
Join The FCEPTA
By joining the PTA, you will
- receive access to the online student directory
- support student activities sponsored by the PTA
- fund teacher and staff appreciation celebrations
Throughout the year, there will be lots of opportunities for you to get involved - both big and small. Many events and activities for the students require parent volunteers. The volunteer form link will be updating throughout the year with the upcoming activities that need your support.
Earn $$ FOR Our schools
The are several businesses that will give money back to the schools as a result of your shopping! Help the FCEPTA fundraise by following the simple steps below to sign up for these giveback programs: Harris Teeter Together in Education and Box Tops for Education.
- Select the Harris Teeter logo or register your VIC card at the grocery store.
- Add your schools using codes: OSE: 5098, MD: 5097
- The PTA receives a small percentage of funds when you link your VIC card and shop the Harris Teeter brands.
- Reminder: you have to sign your card up every year. The new registration opened August 1, 2022.
- Select to BOX TOP$ logo to be redirected to the sign up page.
- Download the Box Tops app, search by location, and when prompted, select “Oak Street Elementary.”
- Shop as you normally would, then use the app to scan your store receipt within 14 days of purchase. The app will identify Box Tops products on your receipt and automatically credit your school’s earnings online.
- Look for the Box Tops logo on hundreds of products, including Cheerios, Annie’s, Lysol, Larabar, Pillsbury; make sure you check out “Bonus Offers” in the app before shopping!
- Use referral code YZIR7YEL when you sign up and you’ll get 25 Bonus Box Tops when you scan your first receipt now through 05/31/2023, while supplies last!
- Download the Box Tops for Education app.