- Monday, September 26
- Wednesday, September 28
- Thursday, September 29
- Monday, October 3
- Wednesday, October 5
There are several ways you can be involved with your child's elementary school experience. Depending on your time and desire there are certain to be roles that can fit into your schedule.
Lead / Join a Committee
There are several committees where you and other parents can lead a big event like the HTG Games or a smaller activity like principal coffees.
Become a room parent
Each classroom needs a couple room parents to act as a liaison between the teacher and other parents. You can assist the teacher to plan class parties, manage class funds and other in-class activities that involve volunteers.
Join The FCEPTA
By joining the PTA, you will
- receive access to the online student directory
- support student activities sponsored by the PTA
- fund teacher and staff appreciation celebrations
Throughout the year, there will be lots of opportunities for you to get involved - both big and small. Many events and activities for the students require parent volunteers. The volunteer form link will be updating throughout the year with the upcoming activities that need your support.
The are several businesses that will give money back to the schools as a result of your shopping! Help the FCEPTA fundraise by following the simple steps below to sign up for these giveback programs: AmazonSmile, Harris Teeter, and Box Tops.
AmazonSmile is an easy way to support the PTA every time you shop. There is no cost to you as AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to the PTA. The program is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app.
How do I make purchases through AmazonSmile to donate to the PTA?
- If you are not automatically logged in, select the “Get Started” button and log into your account. If you are automatically logged in, select the “supporting” link below the Amazon search bar.
- Search for “Falls Church Elementary” to find the Falls Church Elementary PTA and “Select.”
- Only purchase at www.smile.amazon.com or through AmazonSmile activated in the Amazon Shopping app.
Make it easier to return to www.smile.amazon.com by adding a shortcut to your phone’s home screen.
- Tap the “share” icon at the bottom of the www.smile.amazon.com home screen.
- Tap “Add to Home Screen,” and then tap “Add.”
- Tap the new icon on your home screen to return at any time to smile. Amazon. com
You can shop directly from the link that you save on your home screen or shop normally using your Amazon app and then toggle over to the AmazonSmile link you saved when you are ready to check out.
- Select the Harris Teeter logo or register your VIC card at the grocery store.
- Add your schools using codes: OSE: 5098, MD: 5097
- The PTA receives a small percentage of funds when you link your VIC card and shop the Harris Teeter brands.
- Reminder: you have to sign your card up every year. The new registration opened August 1, 2022.
- Select to BOX TOP$ logo to be redirected to the sign up page.
- Download the Box Tops app, search by location, and when prompted, select “Oak Street Elementary.”
- Shop as you normally would, then use the app to scan your store receipt within 14 days of purchase. The app will identify Box Tops products on your receipt and automatically credit your school’s earnings online.
- Look for the Box Tops logo on hundreds of products, including Cheerios, Annie’s, Lysol, Larabar, Pillsbury; make sure you check out “Bonus Offers” in the app before shopping!